- Uncover tiles by clicking on them - if there are one or more mines in the adjacent squares then the total number of mines is shown in the square. Using these numbers, together with your skill, judgement and a sprinkling of luck, you should be able to determine the locations of all forty mines.
- Mark a tile hiding a mine by dropping a flag on it (click the tile while holding the [Ctrl] key). You only have one flag per mine so be sure!
- You can remove a flag or place a question mark on a tile (if you're not sure enough to drop a flag) by repeatedly clicking on it while holding the [Ctrl] key.
- The game is over when you either set off a mine, or all tiles have either been flagged or uncovered (i.e. you have found all the mines)
- The number of mines remaining is shown in the status bar of your browser, together with the time you have taken so far.
- Good luck!
© 1998-2001 Kidsjokes.co.uk - Part of the HumourHub network